Construction of the Cathedral’s choir started up in 1390 under the mandate of Bishop Raymond d’Escales. The stalls are one of the most significant sculptural works in the Catalan Gothic style. The canopies and pinnacles were made by the sculptor Michael Lochner and his disciple Johan Friedrich at the end of the 15th century. The commemorative shields painted by Juan de Borgoña on the choir stalls date from 1517-18 and relate to the knights of the order of the Golden Fleece who were convoked by their Master, the Emperor Charles V, to meet in Barcelona in 1519.

At the entrance to the choir on the right is the wooden pulpit carved by the sculptor Pedro Çanglada in 1403.

The retrochoir was commenced in 1519 by the sculptor Bartolomé Ordóñez. It is a Doric colonnade crowned by a balustrade. Between its columns are four scenes sculpted in relief of the life of Saint Eulalia, two on each side of the door, and at each end are recesses with free-standing sculptures.

SANTA ESGLÉSIA CATEDRAL BASÍLICA DE BARCELONA utiliza cookies de terceros para facilitar su experiencia como usuario de nuestra web y captar datos estadísticos, con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus datos de navegación. Si usted continúa con la navegación, entendemos que nos ofrece su consentimiento para el uso de cookies. Para más información sobre nuestra política de cookies.

Acepto las cookies.