The Museum of the Cathedral is located under the gallery of the Cloister, next to the chapel dedicated to Saint Lucia. Originally, it was the site of a soup kitchen for the poor.

Of special interest within the Museum’s collection are the 11th-century lobed baptism font from the former Romanesque temple and the terracotta sculpture of Saint Eulalia by Anthony Claperós, from the pediment over the door of Saint Eulalia. There are also paintings such as the Gothic altarpiece of Saint Bernardino and the Guardian Angel (1465-1470) by Jaume Huguet, and the Pieta, (1490) painted on a wooden panel by Bartolomé Bermejo, also known as the Pieta of Canon Desplà. Another significant piece is the monstrance, from the late-14th century, made up from the campaign throne of King Martin the Humane.

SANTA ESGLÉSIA CATEDRAL BASÍLICA DE BARCELONA utiliza cookies de terceros para facilitar su experiencia como usuario de nuestra web y captar datos estadísticos, con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus datos de navegación. Si usted continúa con la navegación, entendemos que nos ofrece su consentimiento para el uso de cookies. Para más información sobre nuestra política de cookies.

Acepto las cookies.